Please see the following statement from the ABCB
From today, 1 July 2020, the National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 Amendment 1 has been adopted.
This means the amendment is now given legal effect by relevant legislation in each State and Territory.
The key changes for NCC 2019 Amendment 1 include:
- A new provision, A2.2(4), in the Governing Requirements to require (from 1 July 2021) that a process be followed when creating and documenting Performance Solutions.
- A new provision, A5.7, in the Governing Requirements to require labelling of Aluminum Composite Panels.
- A new provision in Volume One, D1.18, regarding egress from early childhood centres.
- Clarification amendments in Specification C1.1 of Volume One regarding concessions that permit the use of timber framing for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings.
- Amendment to 126.96.36.199 in Volume Two to clarify that anti-ponding boards are not required in roofs where sarking is not installed.
- Correction of minor errors.
You can ‘view’ or ‘download’ NCC 2019 Amendment 1 from the NCC Suite.
Please note: the adopted version of NCC 2019 Amendment 1 differs from and replaces the preview made available on our website earlier this year. Therefore, the preview should no longer be used.
The process for documenting Performance Solutions set out in A2.2(4) of NCC 2019 Amendment 1 will not come into effect until 1 July 2021. It should be noted, however, that appropriate documentation for Performance Solutions should be occurring now, and that the process outlined in Amendment 1 can be used to achieve this outcome.
You can download the Summary and Instructions for each NCC volume from our Resource Library to assist with identifying the changes.
To support the process for documenting Performance Solutions, we have updated our Development of Performance Solutions guidance document.
Ensure that you have updated your profile, including your ‘Areas of Interest’, to stay up to date with key announcements, resource releases and important information.
The next edition of the NCC is scheduled for adoption in 2022.