Please See the following Statement from the ABCB regarding the up coming NCC amendment.
Access the preview of the out-of-cycle amendment for NCC 2019.
In preparation for the expected adoption of the National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 Amendment 1 by all States and Territories from 1 July 2020, the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) has released a preview of the Amendment.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 will include:
- a new provision in NCC Volume One regarding egress from early childhood centres;
- an update to the Governing Requirements for all Volumes to require labelling of aluminium composite panels in accordance with SA Technical Specification 5344;
- clarification of the concession in NCC Volume One that permits the use of timber framing for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings;
- clarification in NCC Volume Two that anti-ponding board requirements only apply to roofs where sarking is installed; and
- correction of minor errors.
In addition to the above, the NCC 2019 Amendment 1 preview also contains the following proposed changes that are yet to be confirmed:
- a new defined term, building complexity, that may be used in the future to identify buildings for which additional oversight is appropriate; and
- a new provision to require that a process be followed to improve the quality of, and documentation for, Performance Solutions.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 can be viewed or downloaded from the NCC Suite, or you can download the summary and instructions for all Volumes from the ABCB Resource Library.